The BVCH Auxiliary, is a non-profit organization established in 1974. Today, the Auxiliary provides thousands of hours of volunteer service, the operation of a Hospital book store, donations of equipment and patient amenities when requested. We are proud to work alongside our donors; volunteers; physicians and employees; and our friends in the community who have contributed significant resources over the years to help Bear Valley Community Hospital to achieve the vision “to be the premier provider of emergency medical and healthcare services in our Big Bear Valley”.
Hospital Auxiliary Purpose
The Auxiliaryʼs purpose is to serve the patients, residents and visitors of the Bear Valley Community Hospital through direct services and provision of support services to enhance patient care and comfort, and to strengthen public relations of the Hospital.
Hospital Auxiliary Members
Gail Dick, President
Marta Zavas, Vice President
Judy Moody, Secretary
Barbara Nadow, Treasurer
Linda Kalous, Parliamentarian
Hospital Auxiliary Membership Opportunities
Current members total approximately 30 people, with two types of membership (Active and Associate). Anyone can become an associate member, call and ask how! Gail Dick, President, or Email Barbara Nadow – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Active Auxiliary Members
1. Manage and Staff the Front lobby information desk, keeping order, giving information and giving directions throughout the hospital.
2. Manage and staff the Emergency waiting room during the winter months to assist the administration clerks during busy weekends.
3. Manage and staff the Hospital gift shop.
4. Assist in the skilled nursing facility (SNF) with crafts, games, mealtime, outings, candlelight dinners, birthday parties, walking, and pushing wheelchairs. In addition members read to and visit with the Hospital residents.
5. Serve the community by assisting the Senior Center with flu immunizations and blood drives.
6. Plan fundraising events throughout the year.
Associate Auxiliary Members
We do not provide direct services but offer support by:
1. Contributing associate membership fees.
2. Supporting the Hospital Gift Shop.
3. Making donation for specific fundraising campaigns
4. Supporting fundraising events.
All gifts, and gifts-in-kind, are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the law. Tax ID#33-128660 501(c)3. Please use our convenient “Donate” button to make your contribution. We are grateful for the support we generously receive from the community and our donors; volunteers; physicians and employees; and our friends in the community who have contributed significant resources to achieve our mission…”to deliver the highest quality of healthcare to the residents of and visitors to Big Bear Valley through the most effective use of available resources”. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
To become a volunteer you must meet the board and then be voted in at the Hospital Auxiliary general meeting. We do not accept vacation volunteers only permanent volunteers on the Hospital Auxiliary. For more information on the Hospital Auxiliary and how you can become more involved please contact us:
Gail Dick, President
Email Barbara Nadow – email@example.com.
Board Meetings for BVCH Hospital Auxiliary occur every month on the 2nd Thursday in the Bear Valley Community Hospital Conference room at 2:30 p.m.