|| Sterile Processing Technician
||$30.72 per hour
||8 Hour Shifts
Performs cleaning, decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and dispensing of surgical instruments, GI endoscopes and equipment needed in surgery and other departments. Works with Scrub Tech and Nursing to assist in preparation for surgeries.
- Cleans and decontaminates surgical instruments and other medical equipment following established policy and procedure.
- Inspects, assembles, packages and sterilizes medical devices following manufacturer’s recommendations and established procedure.
- Retrieves all supplies and equipment as needed from patient care areas and returns to SPD for appropriate processing.
- Operates cleaning and sterilization equipment in the department according to manufacturer’s recommendations and established procedure.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment in the department.
- Effectively communicates, both written and verbal, with co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to facilitate the functions of the department and hospital.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification, or must obtain within 3 months of hire
- Completion of School of Surgical Technology or Central Sterile Processing
- 2 years in central sterile processing
- Experience in endoscope processing
Minimum Experience Required
- Experience in sterile processing
BEAR VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE DISTRICTR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER