Primary Purpose of the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA):
- In accordance with policies and procedures, carries out physical therapy practice appropriate to the age of the client.
- Involves caregiver in client care, communicates with team members, and promotes maximum function of client.
- Participates in quality improvement, identifies patients appropriate for physical therapy, and integrates Bear Valley Community Healthcare District values into the work performance.
Qualifications Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited physical therapy Assistant program Accredited by the APTA.
- One to two years of experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant
- Experience in acute care hospital, outpatient care services or orthopedic and neurological care. This experience can be as a student intern program or work experience.
- Valid license from the State of California Consumer Affairs Physical Therapy Examining Committee.
- Ability to take direction and function as a team player.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a sometimes-stressful environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage work efficiently.
- Ability to read, speak and write English, a second language is a plus.
BEAR VALLEY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER