|| Physical Therapy Receptionist
||$20.91 per hour
||9 hour shifts
Primary Purpose of the Physical Therapy Receptionist:
- Schedule appointments over the phone and at the window
- Collect co-pays
- Maintain that prescriptions, Evaluations, MD Progress Reports and Discharge Summaries are faxed appropriately and maintained in the charts in a timely manner.
- Maintain that the insurance authorizations are up-to-date.
- Enter the billing into the computer on a daily basis
- Enter the statistics of the department daily
- At times help with patient care
- Help with the cleaning and stocking of the department
- Other duties requested by the PT, PTA and others to ensure the safe and efficient running of the department.
Education and Training
- High school Graduate
- Demonstrates basic skills in keyboarding and using a personal computer in the Windows 2000 or XP environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form in the English language.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills both oral and written including the ability to spell accurately and write legible.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations and can spell and understand commonly used clinical terms preferred
- Previous experience in a business office setting or a medical office preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse population.
- Able to carry out assignments independently and exercise good independent judgment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to decipher hand written notes.
- Demonstrates ability to handle telephone calls or personal interactions with tack, poise, courtesy and respect.
- Neat and well groomed in appearance, following departmental personnel standards.
- Commitment to reliable attendance and job performance.
- Ability to take direction and function as a team player.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a sometimes-stressful environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen.
BEAR VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER