|| Patient Access Representative
||12 Hour Shifts
- Under the general guidance of the Patient Access Supervisor, this position will register patients requesting treatment in the Emergency Department as well as PBX/Outpatient ancillary services.
- Assist in performing non-nursing clerical functions supportive to direct nursing care, facilitating communications, and traffic flow.
- Operate a computer telephone system (PBX), maintaining courteous and efficient communication between patients, various departments and staff.
- Admit patients to the hospital, SWING patients and SNF Residents.
- Exhibit professionalism in the Patient Access Department as it relates to patients, families, visitors, physicians and staff members.
- Experience preferred as an employee of a hospital or doctor’s office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Switchboard of PBX experience helpful
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Insurance Terminology
- Ability to use the District Electronic Medical Record or willingness to learn
Bear Valley Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer