|| Patient Access Representative
||$15.73 – $19.18 – $22.64
||12 Hour Shifts
- Under the general guidance of the Lead Patient Access Representative, this position will register patients requesting treatment in the Emergency Department as well as PBX/Outpatient ancillary services.
- Assist in performing non-nursing clerical functions supportive to direct nursing care, facilitating communications, and traffic flow.
- Operate a computer telephone system (PBX), maintaining courteous and efficient communication between patients, various departments and staff.
- Admit patients to the hospital, SWING patients and SNF Residents.
- Register outpatients for ancillary services as needed.
- Exhibit professionalism in the Patient Access Department as it relates to patients, families, visitors, physicians, and staff members.
- Experience preferred as an employee of a hospital or doctor’s office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Switchboard of PBX experience helpful.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of medical and insurance terminology.
- Ability to use the District Electronic Medical Record or willingness to learn.
- BLS certification within 90 days of hire.
BEAR VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER