|| Emergency Medical Technician
||$22.58 per hour
||12 hour shifts
- Evaluates patient response to intervention/treatments based on established standards and at appropriate intervals, using clinical judgment.
- Reports significant changes to Registered Nurse and/or provider.
- Ensures documentation is accurate, timely and complete.
- Assists providers in performing procedures, following established guidelines, policies and procedures for consent, time out and patient monitoring.
- Provides reinforcement of patient teaching related to diagnosis, procedures, after care and follow-up.
- Ensures patients receive after care instructions upon discharge.
- Ensure the readiness of the Emergency Department.
- Performs patient care within the scope of practice, under the direction of the nursing and medical staff in a timely manner. Collects patient data and communicates findings to appropriate staff.
- Provides age-specific and culturally sensitive care to patients
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance standards
- Ensured the readiness of the Emergency Department
- Accountability for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to demonstrate
- All other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
- California Emergency Medical Technician License
- CPI training within 3 months of hire
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required
- 1-year critical care experience
- Previous Emergency Department experience preferred