|| Clerical Assistant II
||Family Health Center
||10 Hour Shifts
Under the general guidance of the Clinic Supervisor and Director of Outpatient Services, this position handles a variety of business office functions in a high-volume medical office setting. Areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Audits clinic charts to verify accuracy of charges and appropriate documentation of services. Maintains liaison relationships with ancillary departments regarding fiscal and financial issues.
- Participates in the evaluation of the quality of charge entry and medical documentation by patient care staff and continually seeks opportunities to improve revenue cycle performance and processes.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the timely processing of referrals.
- Participates in departmental quality program by gathering statistics, generating reports and processing provider payroll.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to use communication skills to enhance learning through motivation, associations and repetition.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other members of the health care team. Must be able to withstand stressful situations.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 coding, CPT coding and basic medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical billing practices
- Bilingual preferred
Education and Training
- High School Diploma
- Medical billing preferred
- Medical Terminology perferred
- Current BLS certification within 90 days of employment
- Desire and experience working within a primary care clinic is highly preferred.
Bear Valley Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer