Utilizes independent judgment to manage and supervise nursing and hospital operations on assigned shift. Coordinates all admissions including SNF, Acute, OBS, Swing and outpatient procedures. Maintains staffing levels that promote efficient, economical and quality patient care. Responsible for activities to maximize patient flow. Functions as an onsite administrative representative, in the absences of hospital administrations. Supports the mission of the organization.
- Provides management and supervision in the clinical areas. Participates in patient care by relieving for lunch breaks on all units and assist in high patient acuity.
- Participates in meetings, committees and projects. Actively participates in a minimum of one Hospital wide committee and quarterly Nurse Leadership meetings.
- Mentors nursing staff and provides leadership for continuous development of teams and individual staff members.
- Evaluates performance of staff and assists nurse managers in the evaluation, coaching and counseling of employees.
- Provides input and feedback and assists in the development of annual performance evaluations for staff.
- Evaluates the performance of probationary employees.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures and with regulatory requirements and, if necessary, initiates disciplinary and counseling process with respect to violations of organizational policies and procedures which threaten immediate harm to patients, staff or the hospital.
- Serves as a hospital administrative liaison for patients, families, visitors and/or physicians for the resolution of problems.