If you or someone you know is in need of rental assistance, please see the details below provided from the County of San Bernardino-
The San Bernardino County Rent Relief Partnership, established in collaboration with Inland SoCal 211+, will contribute up to 12 months of overdue rent and/or potential rent payments to residents who have struggled to make payments. Applicants can apply for arrears accrued from March 13, 2020 to present and the program will be available through Dec. 31, 2021 or until all funds are exhausted.
“This program will bring much-needed relief to tenants trying desperately to stay in their homes and, in turn, landlords who have been hard-hit by the economic effects of the pandemic,” said County Board of Supervisors Chairman Curt Hagman. “The County’s partnership with Inland SoCal 211+ is a key step toward economic recovery for our region.”
Landlords who have tenants that are behind on rent can initiate the application process on behalf of their tenants, as long as the tenant provides consent and completes the tenant portion of the application process. Landlords for more than one rental household will need to submit a form for each rental household.
To receive assistance, renters must meet the following criteria:
- Household members must reside within San Bernardino County (see exceptions below for cities of San Bernardino and Fontana).
- The household must have a family income equal to or less than 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI), as outlined in the application.
- One or more individuals within the household qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- One or more persons within the household may demonstrate the risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- One or more persons within 50% of the AMI household are unemployed on the date of the assistance application and have not been employed during the 90-day period prior to that date.
Residents of the cities of Fontana and San Bernardino should apply directly to their respective cities for assistance. Applicants from these cities applying for the County program will be redirected to their corresponding programs.Leave a reply →