|The City of Big Bear Lake has implemented various public health recommendations and restrictions for the past several weeks, and continues to do so.
The City encourages everyone to heed the following recommendations:
· diligently honor the Governor’s order to “shelter in place”,
· limit your interactions with others to the maximum extent practical,
· plan your essential trips out accordingly, and limit the number of trips to the grocery store, drug store, etc.,
· keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and others you come into contact with,
· wash your hands ALL THE TIME,
· if you need to get outside, take a walk, go for a run, take a bike ride, or go on a hike by yourself or with your family – but stay far way from others!
The following key restrictions remain in effect in Big Bear Lake:
· everyone in Big Bear Lake is directed to “shelter in place”, especially those age 65 and older and those who are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, however, travel is permitted for work and to conduct personal business,
· face coverings must be worn when you are interacting with others out in the community,
· grocery stores, drug stores, and other essential retail and service businesses may operate,
· construction and repair activities may continue,
· bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, gyms, bowling alleys, ski areas, snow play areas, and other similar businesses may not operate,
· restaurants are closed for in-restaurant seated dining, however, take-out and delivery services are permitted,
· lodging and vacation rentals may not operate, except for very limited situations,
· non-essential group gatherings of any size are prohibited, including commercial establishments, churches, community groups, and other formal and informal group activities,
· isolated, outdoor exercise is permitted, including walking your dog, and
· City parks (for pedestrian access, no parking available) and the Alpine Pedal Path remain open, however, these facilities should be enjoyed by yourself, with your small family group, and users should avoid close contact with others.