|| Ultrasound Technologist II
||$38.89 per hour
||10 Hour Shift, Plus Call
- Under the direct supervision of the Radiology Director, performs diagnostic Ultrasound (US) examinations including Abdominal, Obstetrical, Gynecological, small parts, cranial, spinal, and external and endocavity procedures.
- Performs breast imaging as needed in diagnostic studies and biopsies.
- Aides with ultrasound guided procedures to include Para and Thoracentesis, biopsies of various parts.
- Provides and documents technical findings and preliminary observations within the scope of practice as set by department polices, ARDMS, and the ACR.
- Performs non-invasive vascular examinations to include carotid duplex scans, arterial imaging and Doppler of the upper and lower extremities, abdominal vascular studies, and venous imaging and Doppler of the upper and lower extremities.
- Provides and documents technical findings and preliminary observations within the scope of practice set by the department policies, ARDMS and the ACR.
- Communicates effectively with ancillary areas and internal staff.
- Able to evaluate, coordinates, and executes responsibilities under pressure situations.
- Has the initiative to resolve customer problems by self, and involve supervisors as necessary.
- Provides professional and quality care to patients while following hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Is responsible to take on call duty.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as an Ultrasound Technologist in a full service Diagnostic Imaging (Ultrasound) Department.
- Graduation from an approved school for Ultrasonography.
- Associate Degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ultrasonography, Healthcare Administration, Business or related field preferred.
- Computer skills for operating within RIS/HIS/PACS, medical terminology, and good communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete job related communication and arithmetic.
- Current ARDMS and/or RVT certification required.
- Must have current BLS certification.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Bending, kneeling and squads for 35% of shift
- Motor control, manual dexterity, color vision and ability to hear
- Standing for 75% of shift
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District is An Equal Opportunity Employer