Under general guidance of the HR Director, this position will support the District’s Human Resources function in the areas including but not limited to:
- Pre-employment screening and on boarding of new hires.
- Gather information for employee relations and labor relations issues and work with the HR Director on any issues.
- Administration of benefit plans including enrollments, changes and billing reconciliation.
- Administration of government-regulated leaves, Worker’s Compensation, EDD and COBRA.
- Maintenance of personnel files.
- Assists employees with day to day HR issues.
Skills and Abilities Required
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with HRIS programs. ADP experience preferred.
Education and Training
- High School or equivalent.
- College degree in related field preferred.
Activity Percent of Shift
- Sitting – 90%
- Standing/walking – 10%
- Crawling/Climbing – 5%
- Bending Over – 60%
- Reaching Overhead – 60%
- Crouching/Kneeling – 30%
- Lifting – As much as 76-100 lbs – Often
- Repetitive Use of Foot Control – Seldom
- Repetitive Use of Hands – Seldom
- Firm Grasping with Hands – Often
- Fine Dexterity with Hands – Often
- Operation of Car or other Vehicle – Seldom
- Exposure to Dust, Gas, Fumes – Seldom
- Exposure to Marked Changes – Seldom
- Exposure to Marked Physical Exertion in excess of 5 minutes – Often
- Verbal Articulation
- Non-Verbal Communication