- Under the general guidance of the Patient Access Supervisor, this position will register patients requesting treatment in the Emergency Department as well as PBX/Outpatient ancillary services.
- Assist in performing non-nursing clerical functions supportive to direct nursing care, facilitating communications, and traffic flow.
- Operate a computer telephone system (PBX), maintaining courteous and efficient communication between patients, various departments and staff.
- Admit patients to the hospital, SWING patients and SNF Residents.
- Exhibit professionalism in the Patient Access Department as it relates to patients, families, visitors, physicians and staff members.